04 March 2010

Establishing Patterns




Maybe I should rename this blog "The Many Faces of the Purple Grandpa Cardigan."
I probably use it so much because it's the only bright colored cardigan I have, but it's had a life of its own this Winter.
Striped t-shirts seem to have had a moment recently. I may not have noticed for a while because, well, I love striped t-shirts. If you watched me thrifting, you would see that I take a good look at every striped t-shirt on the rack. Someone recently looked at my closet and said, "I see stripes and plaid." That's about right. (The plaid is a different story, to be addressed)
My love affair with the striped t-shirt began in elementary school. My "go-to outfit" was an over-sized two-toned striped purple t-shirt that I wore with "matching" purple bike shorts (lace-trimmed?). Since then I have been accumulating striped t's like crazy. The combination of "1970's little boys' wardrobe" and "chic" that the striped t encapsulates is irresistible.

purple sweater: Old Navy via clothing trade with Mom
striped t-shirt: Gap sale rack '07
jeans: Levi's
creamy sweatshirt-coat: Old Navy circa '07 (a good year?)
black flats: Kenneth Cole Reaction

Thank you Rachel for taking the photos on campus today!

1 comment:

  1. cute! love the striped tee and cardi. nice to see pics on your campus too. looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!